General Studies 4 2021
This is the full course for General Studies 4.
VALIDITY: 30 JUNE 2022
This course includes:
- PDF Notes
- Access on mobile and Laptop/ PC
- Combos available
Our GS 4 approach is the Synoptic way of learning which is reducing bulky material and compilations. Our content is easy to adapt and easy to learn.
- This Course covers full Syllabus of GS 4.
- It is divided into 3 parts: Static Part, Applied Ethics and Case Studies
- It includes content from II ARC Reports.
Course Content: Static Part
1. Ethics and Human Interface:
Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in-human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics – in private and public relationships. Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
Content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
3. Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and nonpartisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker sections.
4. Emotional intelligence:
Concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
5. Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
6. Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration:
Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
7. Probity in Governance:
Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
Course Content: Applied Part
All the issues featuring in the news where ethical issues are involved will be discussed in special lectures.
Approximately 20-25 case studies will be covered in a detailed manner which will cover various types of cases involving ethical issues, principles, concerns, values etc.